More detailed information are indicated in:
Why DeMEPA in general
DeMEPA has been just created to meet, in a competitive and excellent way, the new requirements of the energy market with a high degree of flexibility and knowledge.
For this reason, a team of Senior Advisors and Business Development Managers, having more than 30 years of experience, decided to put together their experience and knowledge to create DeMEPA, with the goal to reach, in a short – medium time, a technical reference position in the market.
In the last twenty years the sectors with the biggest growth and expansion were information technologies, telecommunication, robotics, biotechnologies; but nobody indicated the electric and the energy sector as a potential next booming one.
The electric system was considered mature, with no need of serious developments and innovations on equipments. The attention was only focused on the power system operation, the network interconnections and the reorganisation of the companies through restructuring, liberalisation, unbundling, opening to the market.
The business idea was, at that time, to manage in the efficient way a system (and its equipments) considered intrinsically old.
Today the situation dramatically changed: the electrical sector (and in general the energy one) represents the new frontier of research, innovation, developments and investments.
Nowadays the key words are:
- Reduce carbon emissions
- Improve energy efficiency: in the grids, through reduction of losses, and by integration of renewable and distributed generation,
- Enhance efficiency in electricity supply
- Adequate the capacity of transmission and distribution grids for “collecting” and bringing to the consumers the electricity generated from all sources;
- Strongly promote the active and smart grids
- Strength operational security,
- Put effective the unbundling of networks with the development of harmonised European network rules
- Uniform the grid connection and the access for all kind of grid users;
- Improve electricity market efficiency,
- Strength the integration of telecommunication and internet technologies.
United States, European Union, Russia, China, India have already planned strong investments in new infrastructures and performing equipments, but above all in the modernisation of the existing ones.
This situation is deeply modifying the approach to:
- design, production, transmission, distribution and use of electricity
- replace, maintain and revamp rapidly aging electric power infrastructures (and equipment and subsystems)
This evolution of the electricity market (the appearance of new technologies and actors, the need for managing complex and distributed systems, the need for giving responses to environmental and energy security in a competitive framework), is now creating new requirements, asking answers coming also from the world of Engineering and Consulting Companies. If there is a serious offer related to the consultancies and studies for the electrical power system, the situation is totally different for the electrical infrastructures. Now, in this field, the international offer is not structured yet and is characterised by many actors (consulting and testing companies, manufacturers, engineering companies, universities), but only a few are dedicated companies on the infrastructures with a whole-view and an integrated approach, covering the entire life cycle of the equipments.
This is what DeMEPA aims to.