Protection, Security & Quality for T&D power system
The services are mainly addressed to Utilities, TSO’s (Transmission System Operator), DSO’s (Distribution System Operator) and Industrial Plants .
The extensive experience of DeMEPA’s team in Electrical Power Systems and Electromechanical Components guarantees that the applied approach reflects the needs and requirements for an efficient electricity transmission and distribution, while ensuring reliable and cost effective operations.
The supplied services cover all the different phases of the life cycle of the power systems: design, procurement and manufacturing, construction and installation, commissioning, O&M and end of life management.
In addition to what indicated in the previous section (DeMEPA services for T&D utilitie), DeMEPA is particularly focused on the following services:
a) Protection against lightings
- Risk reviewas a result of new IEC 62305 “Lightning Protection”. This activity will be performed taking into account the:
- risk of human life, public service, cultural heritage and economic value.
- risks must not exceed the value indicated by the standard or fixed by the local Authority.
- Analysis of critical plants and solutionsto protect systems and components with greater operational and economic value. The analysis foresees:
- The critical points in the plants (if any);
- The possible solution, such as:
- the adoption of protective components and Surger Arresters
- the criteria review for SPD coordination
- The technical /economical optimal solution
- Guideline preparationto:
- Review the risk in the existing Power Plants (Nuclear, Thermal and Hydro), HV/MV Substation (HV/MV) and Dispatching Centers against conducted and irradiated disturbances
- Analyze the critical plants and define solutions
b) Grounding system computation, with particulat attention to:
- Industial plants
- Power plants
- Primary and Secundary electrical stations
- Large Electrical Laboratories
c) Power quality, in particular:
- estimate of the actual power quality and identification of measures for its imporovement, with particular reference to: operation & maintenance, component replacement
- correlation analysis of weather and lightining effects with the failures in the T&D power system
- connection procedures of customers and generators to the T&D power system
c) Failure Reconstruction and analysis
The service usually consists of:
- A visual inspection of the failed equipment aimed to identify any possible signs leading to the origin of the failure;
- Evaluation of the available data relevant to the equipment history and to the system operations just before the failure;
In case the fault is not due to the equipment, search for weak points in the plant or the system, where the equipment is installed
d) Short-circuit currents calculation and protection
In view of sizing an electrical installation and the required equipment, as well as determining the means required for the protection of life and property, short-circuit currents must be calculated for every point in the network. DeMEPA services are in compliance with IEC 60909 standards and particular requirements coming from the Clien and are related to radial and meshed low-voltage (LV) and high-voltage (HV) circuits. DeMEPAemployes advanced calculation methods and approaches